Irritating smoke alarm

whereisracer

I have just moved into a new second hand house. The alarm went off the other day and the locksmith - who was changing locks for me at the time - managed to by-pass the code (that I was finally given by the seller), and I put in a new code, (he wasn't looking!) however now, the alarm keeps making this irritating beeping sound and is driving me crazy...It seems to beep more when I am upstairs. 1) Does anyone have any idea of how I can stop this?

Also, according to the locksmith (who helped me while this thing was whirring for 2 hours!!) the smoke alarm is connected to the main alarm and this thing beeps too, he says there is loose wires in that smoke alarm, and even though it is not the same beeping noise that happens when the batteries are low it is insanely annoying. I'm going to get new batteries for it tonight, but am not sure this is going to work. 2) Has anyone any suggestions.

To top it off the smoke alarm went off upstairs - even though I was only cooking something under the grill (and there was no smoke) and I couldn't stop it bar from wacking it with a brush....3) Is there a particular (sane)way you can stop smoke alarms?

There is also a panic button by the panel at the door and in one of the rooms. 4) Is the connected to the main alarm?

Am going mad...Can someone please give me some advice. Note, previous owner, obviously left not instructions/manuals.

Back