Ironmongery For Teak Garage Doors?

NOAH

That place from munster can supply me with garage hardwood doors and frames but will not fit or supply the hinges locks and handles!!

I want this to be secure so would like a bit of advice on what to buy ie the brand and any pitfalls. I know I need 6 hinges but as to what size and tolerance I dont know. The door is in 2 halves and will open outwards.

I ask because I get a multitude of conflicting advice locally so as always I come back to here.

thanks

noah

You will need at least 6 no 6" hinges (ballbearing if possible) and screws. A good chubb or union 5 lever morticelock with handles. If your doors are rebated (one overlaps the other) you will need a convertor kit to suit the lock. You will also need for the inside of the doors surface mounted bolts for the top & bottom of the slave door (door which opens last- other door locks into this one). If space put hold-open arms on the tops of the doors to prevent wind slapping them back against reveals and breaking them.

Best of Luck!

thank u very much, I now realise how little I know about lots of things but learning fast.

noah

Back