Irl to Atlanta?

galwaytt

...is there anyway of getting 2 adults + 2 kids there without being fleeced.....cheapest price I can find anyware runs about Eur700 each......

Why oh why Aer Lingus don't go there escapes, me as Delta to Atl is also bloody hard to get a seat on !! (hence no sale price seats........)

Re: Irl to Atlanta..........

Try the "aggregator" website searching sites that are mentioned in some of the other threads. Maybe consider going via London etc.?

Re: Irl to Atlanta..........

Why oh why Aer Lingus don't go there escapes, me as Delta to Atl is also bloody hard to get a seat on !! (hence no sale price seats........)

Atlanta is Delta's major hub, most people flying on the Delta flights to Atlanta are connecting on to Delta flights to other destinations (Florida or points further west usually). Delta can offer through fares to a huge number of destinations and funnel those passengers through its hub at Atlanta.

I think the majority of people on flights to Atlanta from Ireland (and the rest of Europe) aren't actually flying to Atlanta as a destination, but rather connecting through it.

If Aer Lingus operated to Atlanta they wouldn't have this advantage, they don't have any codeshare deals with Delta and aren't in any airline alliances with Delta .. therefore less connecting business would be available and it would be harder for Aer Lingus to make money on it.

Try a 'multi-city' option with Delta. If you opt for an extra leg on to Chicago, for example, or some other city, it may go down in price.

If you don't want to go on to that other city check with Delta whether it invalidates your ticket if you 'jump off' or 'jump on' in Atlanta... just an idea.

I dont' think that will work Bob_tg ... While I would imagine it may well yield a cheaper fare, skipping segments 2 & 3 of a 4 segment ticket and then expecting to be able to use segment 4 will I think not work as the airline would probalby cancel your reservation after you didn't turn up.

Skipping the final segement(s) of a ticket is no problem ... but in this case I don't think you'd be in luck as once you skipped segment 2 (Atlanta-Chicago) then the remaining segments would also be cancelled.

You dont say when you want to go but so long as it's not a last minute booking, Britishairways are usually quite competitive from Ireland to the US - they would do 2+2 for €1,851.

orka - what routing was that on? I don't see any BA Irl-US links, or are you talking about via UK?

I did that once before, via Manchester, but the delay's involved, +cost of staying in Manchester on both legs, totally negated any savings.......

Yes. It's via the UK but doesnt require an overnight stay, just a few hours layover in each direction which the OP would have to do with any non-direct route. I think Delta is the only direct carrier so it's either Delta at €700 each or else a stop in either the US or the UK. I've done Gatwick layovers before (not to Atlanta) and they are fine. I suppose it depends whether the €1000 saving is worth more than the hassle and extra journey time with 2 kids.

Hi
does anyone have any recommendations for Atlanta hotels located between the airport & city? Stopping overnight and will have some time to spare, any suggestions appreciated. (i have looked at trip Advisor)

thanks

s