iriver H320 versus Creative Zen

Dont have either, but any Iriver product I've ever purchased has been streets ahead of Creative for quality.

Read Tom's hardware guide, they are generally reliable reviews
[broken link removed]

Personally, I would, and have, purchased an Archos AV420 for same spec but also with video playback. You pay extra for the privilege. Eur409 at www.komplett.ie versus the H320 at Eur295 .

The iriver can also be used as a hard drive on just about any machine that supports usb while the Creatives require their own software to be installed for the device to be used as a portable hard drive. Or at least that used to be the case with the creative devices.

I have an iriver and I would recommend them highly. I've seen the 320 in action and it seemed very nice indeed. I liked the power over usb aspect of it too.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I have gone and bought the iriver H340. The H320 is now unavailable anywhere. The 340 is the exact same but with more memory. It's for my son and a bit of a secret. I know very little about mp3's so I was delighted to get the help on buying. Now i just need a part-time job to pay for the thing.For anyone interested, the 340 is available in Peats, Parnell St., and is reduced by E100 at the moment, selling at E399.
Thanks again.

Back