Irish weather

TarfHead

40 degrees - Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in Ireland sunbathe.

35 degrees - Italian cars won't start.
People in Ireland drive with the windows down.

20 degrees - Floridians wear coats, gloves, and wool hats.
People in Ireland throw on a T-shirt.

15 degrees - Californians begin to evacuate the state.
People in Ireland go swimming in the sea.

0 degrees - New York landlords turn the heat on.
People in Ireland have a last barbie before it gets cold.

-10 degrees - People in Miami are extinct.
People in Ireland lick flagpoles.

-20 degrees - Californians all now live in Mexico.
People in Ireland throw on a light jacket.

-100 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
People in Ireland wear a vest and pull down their ear flaps.

-297 degrees - Microbial life starts to grind to a halt.
Irish cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

-460 degrees - ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Ireland start saying "It's a bitin cold ....? "

-500 degrees - Hell freezes over.
Irish people support England in the World Cup

:) but the irish bookies took a pasting on the England/Ecuador result last week. We mightn't 'love' them but we dont pass up a freebie either. anyway I dont mind if Engerland do progress a bit in any competition.
it keeps us all interested. it drives the English tabloids/tv into a uncontrollable frenzy and it makes for a bit of craic. To be absolutely fair to John Bull in the last world cup in Japan/Korea they absolutely supported the 'republic of Ireland' one hundred percent. and most English are a bit of all right. they loved those records by Mario Rosental about Becks missing the penalty in Portgual two years ago. So for me anyway I have no problems with them progressing. As long as they dont win it of course, cause that would be a disaster for football and footballing countries. But it wont happen so no worries.
Cheers ( English greeting )

I watch the World Cup to see the best footballers and teams in the world play intelligent, interesting and attractive football. As such England don't really do much for me so I won't be sorry to see them going out early.

just put a bet on the overpriced swede to beat his countrymen. Having a good world cup so far. minor hiccup with Poland against Ecuador and Sweden against T+T but that aside well up so far. On the whole the bookies must be taking a pasting. Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Englerland, Holland, Portugal all doing what it says on the tin. So heres hoping the swede becomes ( more) unpolpular in his homeland.

bo**ox. good bet down. Engerland were crap. I do understand why Sweden came back looking for the equaliser but even at that stage they knew they were going to play Germany in the next round and in reverse circumstance the Germans/Italians. etc would have been saving themselves for the next match. thus you already know that the Swedes won't be able to repeat that performance as they put it all into the 2nd half.
some forward line Engerland have now for the rest of the world cup
the beanpole crouch, the boy rooney and the burned out beckham. & oh yeah, the wonderkid walcott ( who?)

on the weather; when the English/Welsh go on holidays to the costas it takes them 2 days to turn pink, another two to peel and the other 10 to tan
when the Irish/Scots go on holidays it takes us 7 days to get to white, another 1 to go mad red, 3 to peel and the final 3 to go mad red again:)

Back