Irish Property Funds

werner

Any info on how Irish Property Funds are?
Have they fallen off a cliff like the rest of the property bubble?

I am thinking in terms of the Irish Property Fund, that myself and colleagues had a part (very small part fortunatley) of our company pension invested in.

I believe in common with many such Irish funds they blocked withdrawals to prevent the fund crumbling.

Any one any similar experiences to share

I was encouraged by a broker recently to invest in some such funds as they are now "good value"

I think they are as much good value as the current Irish Governments economic plans and told him where to get off!

Any thoughts?

I believe there is potentially great value on offer in prime Irish commercial property following a 60% decline in prices but you will have to assume that Ireland inc. recovers and does not go the way of Greece. I guess we probably all have differing views on that.

I have looked closely at the Aviva Irish Commercial Property fund, which provides undiluted exposure to prime Irish commercial property. If you email me I'll send you a copy r.gillen@investRcentre.com

My experience on other thread is that I invested €200k over 3 years in Irish Life Irish Property Fund N, down about €100k now moved to Zurich policy.

I've looked at other Irish Life funds and this fund down 53% over 3 years, is probably the worst performer

Again like others I trusted broker's advice,now I will do my own research from now and have more confidence in my own decision making