Irish Postage Stamps

Golfnut

Hi,
Does anyone know if an post postage stamps are the only official stamps allowed to post a letter in Ireland?
I am specifically interested in getting stamps with a wedding theme. I know an post have released a wedding stamp for 2009 but is it possible to purchase alternatives designs that an post will honour and where could they be purchased?

Regards,
Golfnut

Yes I believe its only An Post stamps that can be used.. Why not ring their Philatelic Section and check...

It stands to reason that the only stamps that can be used are those issued by An Post. If you check out this site, you can see all of the stamp designs that are currently available to purchase:

[broken link removed]

A few years ago in An Posts' stamp collector mag, they said they were going to allow personalised stamps i.e .you send them a photo etc. and they would print them. However I don't think much came of it.

It stands to reason that the only stamps that can be used are those issued by An Post. If you check out this site, you can see all of the stamp designs that are currently available to purchase:

[broken link removed]

Can you go to the GPO and choose from a menu of stamps, so to speak, of those listed above or must you take the current issue?

We wanted personalised stamps for our wedding invitations 5 years ago. We designed and printed the stamps and then got the envelopes franked. Those who noticed the stamps thought they were fantastic but a lot of people didn't even notice them. I found one of the envelopes recently and it still made me smile though!

The main counters in the GPO only sell the current issue. However, if you turn to the right when you walk into the GPO, you will see a little shop tucked away (over near the Lotto counters). That's where you can view and buy all of the stamps that are available on that website I mentioned.

Thanks,
At the face value price?

An Post have a special wedding stamp - there is a link to the design on their dedicated stamps website; [broken link removed]

That sounds like a nice idea. Where did you get the stamps made? Is there a website?

Thanks,