Irish people buying foreign property

auto320

I had originally posted this in the overseas property section, but was advised by pm that it might be more appreciated here -- seems like property buyers don't like having the p*** taken! [broken link removed]

Well, I thought it was funny anyway!

I had originally posted this in the overseas property section, but was advised by pm that it might be more appreciated here -- seems like property buyers don't like having the p*** taken! [broken link removed]

Well, I thought it was funny anyway!

Absolutely classic Auto320 - Yeah you got be careful these days - Property is the new religion in this country and the converted take a dim view of anybody gently pulling their tail. Pity tho - Seems the Celtic Tiger is doing away with one of those things I thought was a wonderful attribute of being Irish and one we were known and respected around the world for - our ability to poke fun and laugh at ourselves - It would seem humour in this country is now restricted to the inane adolescent musings of those 2 eejits from Ballydung Manor

Well you cant stop progress!

I am on the maiiling list for this particular agency and have done business with them a few times; have always found them to have useful snippets of news and background info. Unusual to see an agency breaking ranks and taking the mickey, but they deal mostly with bespoke clients and major investors and don't need the lemmings! Good to see that they maintain a sense of balance! As you say, the whole (foreign and domestic)property issue has made us lose the fundamental ability to not take ourselves so seriously.

- It would seen humour in this country is now restricted to the inane adolesent musings of those 2 eejits from Ballydung Manor

Well you cant stop progress!

Absolutely, I think Irish people are getting far too serious, uptight and narky it must be those long hours commutting in crazy traffic and working to pay for the "foreign pad in the sun" and "off road 4x4" that neverly actually goes off road.

Although the lads in ballydung, great and all as they are, really do push it

Back