Irish myths book for Children

Newbie!

Hi,
I want to buy a present for a new baby. I'm thinking about buying a book and Irish myths are something that I think are being forgotten too quickly and hence need to be remembered in the new generations. I want the book to be really well illustrated and presented. The bookshops dont really have anything and whilst Amazon have lots, it's hard to find out any information about them. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The best books Ive read personally on the subject are Michael Scotts - he has 3 that cover a great range of mythology - but they are not childrens books, no illustrations. He may do some childrens stuff though - maybe check out if he has a website?

There's one called "Irish Legends for Children" which my own children enjoyed. I'm surprised you haven't come across it in a bookshop - or maybe you have and discounted it already!

This is one my children really enjoyed. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boyne-Valley-Book-Irish-Legends/dp/086278140X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208189276&sr=8-3 (Legends)