Irish Ltd Company but all contracts are outside the state?

PropDirect

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little guidance please.
A friend and I are proprietary directors of our own Irish limited company, we are also the only two employees.We are both contractors and have contracts at various locations throughout Europe and the UK. Contracts vary in length and all have a clause in them that the customer can end them without any notice and without penalty. Can we claim full civil service rates expenses for every night out of the country for work while also claim mileage when travelling from accom to work while abroad plus flights to and from contract locations?
Where would our normal place of work be?
Since all our contracts are outside Ireland is an irish ltd company suitable for us for taxation?
Thanks.

1. Seek professional advice.

2. What's your question? If it in relation to corporation tax Ireland has a management location test to identify the location for Corporation Tax.

3. Seek professional advice.

Read this [broken link removed]

Irish Revenue is of the view that you are based at the location of the Principal and therefore your not entitled to travel and subsistence.

But if I'm based at the location of the pricipal and that makes my normal place of work outside the state , am I liable to pay tax in Ireland in that instance?

We have an accountant, who does all our returns , salary , etc. and he's been happy for us to claim , mileage, subsistance and flights for the last 4 years since the company started , now i'm a little worried with the sw project focusing on contractors expenses but he hasnt flagged anything to us.
Who would I contact for professional advice on this?