Irish Life Multi asset portfolio fund

Donal55

Last time I posted a question about an investment product it got as many possitive votes as father Ted Crilly and Father Dougal Maguire in the Eurovision, but I just wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the Irish Life Multi asset portfolio fund for someone with some money to invest over a five year period? Does anyone have any knowledge of it. thanks

Hi Donal

The multi asset portfolio is more of a strategy than a fund. There are 5 of them altogether based on different risk ratings. They also charge an additional .15% per annum for the privilege of putting an asset mix together for you. Zurich Life have something similar with no additional charge. Standard Life and New Ireland have other plans too. Or there are plenty of good advisors who have constructed model portfolios to suit your risk profile and needs.

The Irish Life funds are only out for 10 months, so it is difficult to know at this early stage how good they will be. I note that, with the exception of MAP6, they return to date is break even. MAP6 is -5%, but it is early days.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie