irish life /ebs choice investments?

frunzy

Hi all
We opened one of the above last dec with €35k with a mixture of funds ie 30% consensus life series 1, 30% property portfolio fund 1 and 40% summit growth fund, I made the error of checking its value the other day...current value is €27k! we plan on leaving it for at least 5 years and then look at it..the question is were we mad to open such an account or should you not even look at it until you chosen term is up, any thoughts appreciated.

I Have a similar Investment for the best part of a year... I invested for 6 years... and its way too early IMO for been concerned.. markets are down right now and will pick up in time... the mix and spread is good.... btw there is an early cashout fee for taking funds before maturity... make sure you dont mistake that figure for the value of the investment..

I think it is a good ides to check it, however dont get down if it is dropping especially at this early stage. It will definately be up after 5 years. Not exactly great advice but a common sense opinion

thanks keeptabs,I am trying not to think about it as I know we put our money in with the chance of it 'decreasing' in value but nonetheless I am hoping it will be worth more after a few years!!They will contact us after a year to review it so the rep told me. David R are you linked to EBS/Irish life?? or are you just a positive person?

Back