Irish Language Course

Bob the slob

Has anyone done an Irish language course before? New years resolution is to lean Irish so I can speak it every day. My friend is doing it with me. I would class myself as an advanced beginner.

Any advice much appreciated.

I have been on a couple of Gaelchlutúr's courses in the temple bar - they are quite good. Conradh na Gaeilge in Harourt St also run courses.

There is a very good multimedia course available called Turas Teanga, consisting of cds and a book. I used it myself (bought it in Easons)when I needed to refresh my Irish and found it very useful. You might even find it at a local library.
Best of luck with the course!

I did an intensive Gael Linn Course a number of years ago and found it very good. Both the students and teacher took it very seriously. The teacher was excellent.

Ruam

just a thought. contact your local Gael scoil. most run courses at night for parents that want to brush up.

For conversation classes I'd highly recommend both Conradh na Gaeilge on Harcourt street who run regular evening courses throughout the year and also Áras Chronain in Clondalkin who run adult language course on Wednesday nights. There are a number of classes running concurrently at both venues so you can find a class that best suits your level of the language. There is also a good social element to both venues.
Their sites are www.cnag.ie and www.araschronain.com