Irish Cultural Centre Paris Accomodation

runner

Wondering if anyone has used the accomodation facilities here for a visit to Paris, and if so, what they thought of it?
[broken link removed]

It is several years ago now but I have stayed there and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I won't talk specifically about the rooms etc as I know it has been refurbished since but the room I had was a comfortable, single room with shared bathroom facilities - fairly studenty alright. The best thing about it is the location, the building is beautiful (and looks like it has been lovingly restored), having the central courtyard is just wonderful after a day's hurly burly in the city and it is literally a stones throw from the Pantheon. Would I recommend it (even after a few years remove)? Absolutely!! Oh and when I was there, the oddest thing about the place was that the kitchen was staffed by Polish nuns, I never found out why...

Thanks so-crates. I wanted somehere quite in the latin quarter as im doing the paris marathon and it would be handy allround, as well as kepping the cost down. Does it have self catering facilities as I need to make my own breakfast the morning of the race? Ive seen the building before and its lovely. And of course the polish nuns for a rub down afterwards maybe!

I don't know runner, breakfast was served in a dining hall and I didn't notice any facilities but I hadn't explored to far and as it is student type that may be possible, no harm in giving them a call and asking them!

Oh and I think the Polish nuns weren't going to be around for much longer when I was there you might have to survive without them.

Best of luck!