Irish Credit Bureau

glasto

I applied for an Irish UB credit card a few months ago and was rejected, even though my branch appealed on my behalf. I have a UK UB card which I was wanting to ditch. I have a loan out with UB Ireland which I have had one payment one day late, but otherwise all up to date. I applied for my credit history from ICB, but they say they have no record of me either at my current address or my previous address (seven years ago) in the UK. Can anyone shed any light? Is there another credit reference agency as in the the UK? Why would I have no history, and why would I have been rejected? The loan will soon be completely paid off and I have no other credit, same for my husband.

The ICB will only have details of your Irish credit history, (and then only if the company you have credit with is an ICB member and have sent the information to ICB) UK companies cannot post information onto your Irish credit file.

If there is no history coming up on your ICB that may be the reason they rejected you, nothing to prove your credit worthiness.

There are 3 UK credit reference agencie

Equifax

Experian

Call Credit

you can find info on them here

[broken link removed]

My loan is with Irish Ulster Bank, should it not be showing up on the ICB check? The only other thing I owe is a few hundred quid on my UB UK credit carb, which I only hold as I can't get an Irish UB credit card!