Irish Country House & Spa - Suggestions?

JohnBoy

Hi all,

We have persuaded my mother in-law to take our two little darlings for a couple of nights mid-week in February. Myself and my good lady wife were hoping for some pampering in a hotel or country house within two hours of Dublin. We live overseas and I know that lots of these types of places have opened in recent years but I am looking for suggestions.

She wants a spa whilst I am content with good food and a bar.

Cheers,

Johnboy

Killashee in Naas is nice, and has great spa facilities.

The Heritage in Killenard (not the one in Portlaoise) is a brand-new hotel (open less than 2 years) with 5-star facilities, also very nice spa.

Dunboyne Castle is another one.

There's loads others to choose from as well - so enjoy!:)

Try the Marriot Johnstown House In Enfield. Excellent spa, pool, gym facilities. Food is great in the bar and they do a fantastic afternoon spread. Breakfast is outstanding too. about 45 Mins from Dublin. Enjoy it where ever you go.there no is 045 9540000

I would suggest Temple Spa in Westmeath as the restaurant is in Bridgestone 100 and the pub in the village in Horseleap, Paddy Ryans is a little gem, one half is in Westmeath and one half in Offaly. Great craic and a real Irish pub,, no gimmicks

Hi all,

We have persuaded my mother in-law to take our two little darlings for a couple of nights mid-week in February. Myself and my good lady wife were hoping for some pampering in a hotel or country house within two hours of Dublin. We live overseas and I know that lots of these types of places have opened in recent years but I am looking for suggestions.

She wants a spa whilst I am content with good food and a bar.

Cheers,

Johnboy

Spend a little extra time in the car and go to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. Well worth it. New motorway has probably reduced journey time to circa 3 hours.

Back