Irish buy out at Forest

Lak

Anyone heard any rumours and can substantiate anything about the proposed buy out by J P Mc Manus of Chairman Nigel Doughtys 100% stake in Nottingham Forest.
The news in Nottingham is that Martin O Neil and a consortium of Irish business men are to buy out Nottingham Forest and install ex Forest men O'Neil and Robertson as managers.
Certainly would explain why Forest signed absolutely no one up to the closing of the transfer window after publicly stating there would be "Stella" acquisitions coming in before the window closes onle three weeks ago.
Just wondering if there are any legs to this story this side of the Irish sea ?

Have heard/read rumours linking McManus, Magnier, Desmond, the usual suspects. Desmond would be out though considering his stake in Celtic (and the 2 clubs in UEFA comps rule) so I doubt he's involved.

Apparently there's a photoshoot there this afternoon.

Hope not, I like Forest (I remember them from the Clough era). Ask yourself - has there ever been a well-managed / organised football club run by Irish people? Ever??

Believe Man Utd have done quite well for themselves Mark...

Believe Man Utd have done quite well for themselves Mark...

They have, but at what point have they ever been organized or managed successfully by an Irishman. Frank O'Farrell is the last Irish manager there I remember, and he did not do so well.

Was being sarcastic lads sorry, the oul smiley button didn't work and I forgot to type rest of my comment (mind numbing day at work).

Agree with you though Mark. It'd be great to see NF brought back to life by some Irish involvement and (rumour) Martin O'Neill as manager but the odds of that happening are sliiim.

Was being sarcastic lads sorry, the oul smiley button didn't work and I forgot to type rest of my comment (mind numbing day at work).

Agree with you though Mark. It'd be great to see NF brought back to life by some Irish involvement and (rumour) Martin O'Neill as manager but the odds of that happening are sliiim.

I'm not convinced by O'Neill - spends a lot of money but does not have that much to show for it, except at Leicester. Still, he is from the Clough gene pool so that could be a spark.

Back