Irish Broadband - moving Ripwave ?

zag

I just 'installed' Ripwave for someone recently and was wondering whether anyone knows if there are any geographic restrictions on the device ?

I say 'installed' because it just involved switching it on and plugging it into the computer and everything worked straight away.

I was thinking that it would be an easy way to connect up the occasional friends/relatives computer that needs to download the latest 100m security patches from Microsoft. I know that it will depend on whether there is coverage from Irish Broadband in the area.

There is a possibility that they monitor the location of the device and would stop/block access from a different antenna, but to be honest I doubt it. Was just wondering if anyone had tried it out ?

z

zag said:
I just 'installed' Ripwave for someone recently and was wondering whether anyone knows if there are any geographic restrictions on the device ?
Well you obviously have to be within range of a Ripwave transmitter but, unlike their Breeze high sites, I'm not sure if Irish Broadband publicise the locations of these. Of course maybe the high sites also include Ripwave transceivers?

There is a possibility that they monitor the location of the device and would stop/block access from a different antenna, but to be honest I doubt it. Was just wondering if anyone had tried it out ?
Check the terms & conditions of the service agreement to see if there are any restrictions on relocating the gear. If not then no problem as far as I can see.