Irish Boradband and blueface

mayoman2

Hi,
My brother has wireless broadband from Irish Broadband breeze 2m down and down.
Now the problem is I get a time out error when I try to ring a number. If I hook the same computer up to my broadband provider(Chorus), it works no problem at all, so I assume the problem lies with Irish broadband and its wireless.
Anyone have similiar problems?

Is it true that Irish Broadband is not that good anyway with the way they allocated their bandwidth,

I know. I was reading about them, but they were the only provider around him otherwise he would have to get the eircom landline in and even then does not guarantee he will get broadband. I was looking on blueface forum but no joy(Although Clubman message is good, although they seem to get it once and awhile, he just gets a constant Time out) and I even downloaded another voip provider and the same thing happens. Just wonder as Irish broadband offers talk, (assuming it is voip) maybe they try to stop people using other providers, nah maybe I'm too just to negative on IB

I even tried it on Dial up and it would dial out but it was so broken, it was impossible to use, so no matter how bad the bandwidth with IB is, it should still dial out.

Based on my experience with Irish Broadband's business services (two different sites) and RipWave I would not use them myself.