Ireland vs Cyprus...

onekeano

Carlsberg don't do nightmares but if they did.........

Goodbye Stan, and bring your mate Delaney with you!!!!

Roy

Christ, just thinking .... why are San Marino due?

Absolute muck.

Ironies of ironies, Brian Kerr commentating for TV3 on that rubbish.

Have to get rid of Staunton. Dave O'Leary is still unemployed and would surely get something out of those players...

Cannot believe how bad that was -its now obvious we wont qualify but according to Delaney -"Stan" is there for the long term.Pity though about Sir Bobbys health problems-I'm sure his expertise was missed-not only have we too many novice players-but also novice management team

We have said it before on this site - the people in Merrion Square are to blame for the current state of affairs - Delaney has employed the boy Steve Staunton out of the blue to do a man's job. Even before his unfortunate health problems Bobby Robson was not the sort of guy for the Ireland team - he is past it and is in fact just a crutch to sweeten the cut price Staunton decision.
Brian Kerr was also the result of small-minded decision making in Merrion Square. What we need is a manager who has had experience of preferably Premiership or equivalant football. A guy that would command respect and committment from these overpaid, over inflated and over there footballers who need their backsides kicked.
There is no honour anymore from these players in pulling on the jersey.

The difference between Bertie's £8 grand and Delanyet giving Stan the Gaffer that job is that Delaney's actions were criminal, Bertie was just unwise!

Roy

The 7 dwarfs are down in the mines when there is a cave-in. Snow White runs to the entrance and yells down to them. In the dark distance a voice screams out "Ireland are good enough to beat Cyprus"
Snow White says "Thank God - at least Dopey's still alive!"

Last edited:
Mmmmmm....... tempted to apply, but lack the confidence to repeat the following mantra 10 times in post match interviews..

'We have got to pick up the lads before the next match'

At least the poor fellas that flew out there to support the team got to see lots of goals.

Between that debacle and sitting on my backside in freezing Landsdowne on Friday night watching Munster getting their asses kicked... can't wait for the GAA to start again, at least then I'll have something to cheer about.

A complete shambles, and Wednesday night will be scary - O'Brien and O'Shea in the centre of defence - oh sweet This post will be deleted if not edited immediately! But TallPaul, don't think that O'Leary would be an improvement - lets think about a decent replacement please!

i can't believe i've paid my money up front already for wed game and next months against san marino... i'm actually very apprehensive about how much we're gonna get beaten by on wed

Grizzcol, i wouldn't be THAT worried about weds - lets be honest, we can't play any worse that we just did. And we're out of the competetion pretty much anyway now so theres nothing to lose. Its just so sad to see this happen. I really can't remember being so demoralised watching us play. I still can't work out what we did so wrong. Is Stan really to blame? Did the players look bothered or look like they tried? I don't know. Sometimes i wish i was just one of those people who didn't like football.

i think a major part of the problem is the 'we are building towards 2010'...stan keeps on and on about it...no wonder some of the players won't give 100% when the focus is not on the current qualifying group

All we have heard from Staunton prior to the game was that we were building for 4 years down the road and that we had alot of injuries etc etc. Therefore the players had an excuse to lose before they even headed out onto the pitch. Having said that, there were 9 premiership players, one championship and one SPL player on that pitch on Saturday. They need to take a serious look at themselves whatever about the manager. I would rather watch 11 Eircom League players try their hardest and lose to Cyrpus than that rubbish that was shown on Saturday. The one thing about the Irish team in the past, was that they always gave their best for each other and the fans. I have never been ashamed of an Irish team in any sport before Saturday. That team on Saturday basically stuck two fingers up at that tradition and played like the bunch of overpaid, under achieving individials that they are.

i think a major part of the problem is the 'we are building towards 2010'...stan keeps on and on about it...no wonder some of the players won't give 100% when the focus is not on the current qualifying group

A touch of brilliance by Stan...... I told my boss this morning that I didn't want any more crap when things go wrong cos "I have a 4 year plan". Seems to work cos he just laughed at me......

Roy

A touch of brilliance by Stan...... I told my boss this morning that I didn't want any more crap when things go wrong cos "I have a 4 year plan". Seems to work cos he just laughed at me......

Roy

What will you say when you are in the fifth year of your four year plan?

What will you say when you are in the fifth year of your four year plan?

To be honest I'm hoping (like Stan) that he'll just give me remaining 3 1/2 years pay and let me head off into the sunset ;-)

Roy

BTW Grizcool - might be worth your while helping yourself to a chunk of EVENs which Paddypower is giving against the Czechs on Wednesday. The DreamTeam of O'Brien and O'Shea in central defence should allay any fears you might have and recoup the cost of the tickets.

oh I am going to be throwing some money their way alright...even more or should that be less now that there's a doubt about O'Brien and Kenny playing... does this mean we have a better chance???!!

"When you think about the game itself, and when you assess it afterwards, we came back to level at half-time and then the run of the ball went against us. It doesn't matter what tactics you use if the gods aren't on your side" FAI President D Blood

Fair play to RTE reporter Jon Kenny last night when he heard this baloney.. at least he is not afraid to call Saturday nights display as it was.. a disgrace.

When the president of the FAI is spouting this nonsense then you know we've been tangoed.. lets hope the gods are not watching on wed night then

Back