Ireland Vs Brazil, FAI ticket stupidity......

ASFKAP

I noticed that there were lots of tickets still for sale for tomorrows friendly Vs Brazil, I thought I'd take a chance and take my son to see it but when I looked at Ticketmaster at the weekend they say you can only pick up the tickets IN PERSON at Dalymount Park today between 12 and 6.
Why is this? Why can't they do like every other ticket I've bought for Croke Park and allow you to print your tickets at home, or at least collect them from Croke park itself?
I can't get to Dalymount at this time and I can't ask anyone else to collect them for me as they can only be collected by the person whose name is on the credit card that paid for it.....

I would have thought that in this day and age of low standards in Irish soccer, the farcical behaviour of the FAI they would have at lest tried hard to fill the stadium by making it easy to get there in the first place.
Before you ask I was only going to the match in the first place because of the opportunity to see Brazil.....

Nothing surprises me with the FAI anymore. Sounds like a complete farce.

I decided to save my money for a few eircom league games. Come on Sporting Fingal!!!!

They're also selling a two match package, premium seats, and including the game against Serbia in May, if you buy that package you don't have to trek into Dalymount Park to pick up your tickets.
Figure that one out.....

Wouldn't it be a good thing for Irish soccer if the punters acted in unison ...... and stayed away. The coterie of suits, blazers and, jerseys (yes!) aught to be given a signal that they don't have a God given right to our time and money. Not to mention the cost of blood pressure tablets.

Wouldn't it be a good thing for Irish soccer if the punters acted in unison ...... and stayed away. The coterie of suits, blazers and, jerseys (yes!) aught to be given a signal that they don't have a God given right to our time and money. Not to mention the cost of blood pressure tablets.

Beginning to feel that way about all top level sport. Spent €160 on two tickets to the rugby on Saturday. Aside from the rubbish game which you accept as part of sport, the whole experience was a let down. Packed trains (no extra commuter or darts put on), no water in the toilets in the Hogan Stand, power cuts which meant one big screen didn't work and the other flickered on and off, a programme that cost €6 (I didn't buy one but I would have liked to have if it was reasonable price) and rubbish atmosphere.

Beginning to feel that way about all top level sport. Spent €160 on two tickets to the rugby on Saturday. Aside from the rubbish game which you accept as part of sport, the whole experience was a let down. Packed trains (no extra commuter or darts put on), no water in the toilets in the Hogan Stand, power cuts which meant one big screen didn't work and the other flickered on and off, a programme that cost €6 (I didn't buy one but I would have liked to have if it was reasonable price) and rubbish atmosphere.

Sunny - your experience on Saturday seems very like mine. Getting to the match was a nightmare. I bought tickets for myself and 3 of my children as I figured I wouldn't get a chance to bring them to a match again - luckily at the last moment I left the youngest at home because he was invited to a party and my father came instead. I would not have been able to cope with 3 children getting there! We waited 50 minutes for a dart and the first two were crammed with people and most waiting at the station couldn't get on. when we eventually got the thrid dart that came along we were about twenty minutes getting out of Connolly Station with the crowds. and then near Croke Park we experienced even more congestion eleveated only when (I think) the Gardai told the Stewarts at the top of Jones Road to allow the crowds through and not check for tickets there

I gave my four tickets back to the FAI in a mini-protest after the last match at croke park. The dont care about the fans anymore, its all about selling as many tickets in advance and getting the money in. Who cares who the opposition is and what team they bring over.

"Oh and lets not appointed a new manager yet and get them fools to buy tickets to watch the Brazil youth team play in Dublin.." The FAI are laughing at us all

I gave my four tickets back to the FAI in a mini-protest after the last match at croke park. The dont care about the fans anymore, its all about selling as many tickets in advance and getting the money in. Who cares who the opposition is and what team they bring over.

"Oh and lets not appointed a new manager yet and get them fools to buy tickets to watch the Brazil youth team play in Dublin.." The FAI are laughing at us all

That would be my attitude as well.

That would be my attitude as well.

I'd love to go and see a Brazil team playing in the flesh but the fact that i had to buy 4 tickets for that match and another 4 tickets for the Serbia match, a match that most of the premiership players wont bother playing in as they will be on their summer holidays from their clubs makes it even more of a waste of a game and a waste of money in my opinion.

I'd love to go and see a Brazil team playing in the flesh but the fact that i had to buy 4 tickets for that match and another 4 tickets for the Serbia match, a match that most of the premiership players wont bother playing in as they will be on their summer holidays from their clubs makes it even more of a waste of a game and a waste of money in my opinion.

Or they will have retired from international football by then...

maybe bohemians allocation was what was left, hence the journey to dalyer. Was up in oriel park today purchasing season ticket (also included: a free pass to heaven when you die as you have done your penance already) and they had tickets for sale for the brazilian game. not to many left at that stage.

Back