Ireland V Cyprus?

Caveat

Surprised nobody has posted about this.

I'm not even into football but I'll be watching.

It's an important game - is everyone just too digusted by the result of the last meeting to even bother talking about it?

Soccer is boring. will probably look for a result on Sunday, soccer lacks the intensity I like.

... soccer lacks the intensity I like.

Sorry, don't think there are any 'group cage fighting' bouts on over the weekend

Sunday?...er...well I know it's either Cork/Kerry or Kilkenny/Tipp but can't remember which.

It's all good Caveat, my intensity is satisfied, season starts today

None of the above, but close

C'mon gimme a clue - I'm laying my non-sporting credentials out for all to see here, what is it?

(I refuse to google, a policy of mine when posting)

Soccer is boring. will probably look for a result on Sunday, soccer lacks the intensity I like.

Depends on how you view it. I'm thinking rugby is your no.1 but that can seem dull at times too, I would guess hurling is the game that keeps people on the edge of their seats the most.
I'll be keeping a close eye tonight because when/if we qualify it really does change the outlook for people and will give us all something to look forward to.

Don't get me wrong, if we qualify, I'll do my bit for the country, I.E drink too much and sing songs . the buzz around it can be great, the game itself leaves me a bit cold. I probably have a better understanding of rugby, I never really played football.

I guess we all stay faithful to our first loves (in sport anyway)!

Going on last night's display, I don't think we'll be badly missed if we don't make it to South Africa for the World Cup Finals.

Great goal by Keane, though.

Oh were they playing today or something? Yawn

Fairly pointless post there, double yawn reading it. If youve nothing useful to say....

Poor display apart for the second goal. Why they persist bypassing midfield in a return to the Big Jack style beggars belief, especially with two average sized forwards in Keane and Doyle who prefer it played to feet.

Dunne especially seems to have no other ability apart from drilling a long ball, is it they have no confidence in the centre midfield I wonder. Stephen Reid's injuries and the other situation dont help in this regard I guess.

Although the result is the main thing its hard to see them competing against the better teams should they qualify.....

Does anyone know if the Italy V Bulgaria game is on TV on Wednesday? A draw in that game means Ireland have a good chance of automatic qualification.
I aggree the team is pretty average but there is always a great buzz when we qualify for the word cup.

is it they have no confidence in the centre midfield I wonder.

I think you answered your own question there! It surely has to be our worst central midfield partnership in at least 35 years - in fact it's the worst central midfield partnership I can remember! Still if we qualify for the world cup despite them who cares!!

Yeah its on RTE2:
[broken link removed]

Spare a thought for the Montenegran captain who gifted Italy TWO own goals

Thanks for the favour, Kaladze - NOT !!