IRECC EFT, SMDT, RTGS Formats in Ireland!

S

SivaramanKu

Dear All, I am desperately looking for the formats used by Irish Banks for Payments like EFT, SMDT, RTGS etc., It is a proprietary standards and used by irish banks within. I am referring Format in the sense number of fields, name of the fields, length of the fields, format like XML, EDIFACT etc., Can anybody help me? I have contacted IPSO but in vein.

Thanks and Regards,
K.Sivaraman

IPSO will supply you with the official format if you pay them. Basically the Irish 'EMTS' standard is a cut down version of a British BACS file, but there is no central clearing house so each bank has their own method of accepting a file and each bank has implemented the standard slightly differently. If you contact the electronic banking section of the back you wish to accept the file, they will send you a copy of the specification (or their implementation of it).
BTW if you want to go down the IPSO route look for a copy of "Euro Related Clearing Agreements & Clearing Standards"

Dear All, I am desperately looking for the formats used by Irish Banks for Payments like EFT, SMDT, RTGS etc., It is a proprietary standards and used by irish banks within. I am referring Format in the sense number of fields, name of the fields, length of the fields, format like XML, EDIFACT etc., Can anybody help me? I have contacted IPSO but in vein.

Thanks and Regards,
K.Sivaraman

Thanks Tower! If there is no central clearing house, how the settlement between the banks takes place? Bilateral or multilateral? How the settlement account will get the information?

Hi SivaramanKu,
I would be interested to know if you got these formats and if you are willing to share them with me?

Back