Iran as a destination

bradfield

Hello All,

I want to go somewhere different and thinking about Iran, has anybody been and if they have what are their opinions?

No one I know will come with me so I am thinking about going the organised trip route, there is a really good looking trip on Intrepid so looking at that. Any comments welcome.

B

I ve been there ones on a business trip. one week. Teheran. a lot to see but the country is not designed for tourists from the west. could be rough.

I cant offer any advice about planning a trip to Iran but I heard that it may cause problems if you want to visit the US at any point afterwards.
Get a new passport before any travel to the US after a visit to any contentious countries.

If you travel to any Middle East country you are likely to face harrasment on entering the US.

My sister and husband are resident in Dubai and they are always questioned at length on entering the US. Whereas my parents who are from here just sail through even when with them.

I would well believe it alright.

I was advised to ditch my old passport after a visit to Qatar and Dubai if I ever wanted to enter the USA without hassle. Also if you have ever been to Cuba I would stay quiet about that also.

I would well believe it alright.

I was advised to ditch my old passport after a visit to Qatar and Dubai if I ever wanted to enter the USA without hassle. Also if you have ever been to Cuba I would stay quiet about that also.

Cuba don't stamp your passport for that very reason. You get some random stamp that apparently changes from month to month.

I doubt if you'll be stopped from entering the US just because you have middle east stamps on your passport, they may question you a bit about it, but that is it

Good article about Iran and travelling there in last months National Geographic

A female friend passed through there recently as part of a world tour. She was with a group. The women weren't allowed to step foot outside the hotel in a group of other women despite being in full local dress. They needed to be in groups of two women to one man. Hotel security stopped them.
The men had no complaints, but it wasn't a favourite destination for the girls.

Back