IPod

Ciaran

Hi everyone, had a whipround for brother's 21st and we're buying him an Ipod. Know nothing about them but we want to get him the 'full' version (as opposed to the mini one) Any ideas on what spec to look for - also, what kind of money is involved and where is the best place to buy one? No time to buy on line so it'll have to be somewhere in Dublin. Cheers for any help. Ciaran

The iPod costs around the €350 mark in shops for the 30GB one, rising to over €450 for the 60GB model.

If you must go for Apple I would recommend getting the iPod Nano 4GB - not because its cheaper (around €260) but because its a much more comfortable size, it stores over 1,000 tracks which should be plenty of space.

Even better - don't get an iPod, i've got a 20GB Creative Zen - its the far better in my opinion, longer battery life, plays music in more file formats and is much cheaper.

Again, Creative have a smaller version, the . Its just around €300 and can store up to 4,000 tracks, is very small, looks great, has a radio, and has excellent battery life.

PC World, Dixons and [broken link removed] are your best bets in Dublin.

The o2 Experience stores stock I-Pods. There is one located on Grafton Street. You could be talking around €300 on the 'High Street' for a top of the range model (30gb etc.). The 30gb version retails for €329 on www.apple.ie/shop (free shipping-5 days).

Apple seem to be having serious logistical problems at the moment - and iPod that I ordered online beginning of September didn't arrive until mid-October - missing my bf's birthday! (And it still doesn't work, hard disk broken)...
Save yourself a lot of hassle and buy from a highstreet retail store - at least you will be able to return it if there are problems...

However as it's a gift don't forget you get free engraving of your ipod via apple directly.

But... if there are problems, Apple won't be as helpful/keen to refund you for an engraved product... Grrrrrr... By accepting the free engraving apparantly you are waiving some of your return rights (or so they're saying to me). Double Grrrrrrr....

I see 30 GB ipod is retailing at 330 euro on applie.ie at the moment. i did a google search to see if it was available for cheaper anywhere else online, and found a site called www.compub.com where it is retailing for 271 euro!! Has anyone had any dealings with this site before, thats quite a saving but im relucatant to buy off a site i have not heard of before and would appreciate any views...

I see that prices are exclusive of VAT, so the total cost would be €327.91 plus €9.99 delivery. If it looks too good to be true.......