Ipod

I'd recommend directly from Apple themselves, you can get it engraved for free by them which I had done as a gift last Christmas for my girlfriend.

Off course it needs to be mentioned with the engraving if there is a problem with your ipod and it needs to be replaced you will have to wait an extra week or two before the replacement ipod is engrave with the same engraving and shipped.
Without an engraving it is next day (or so)

Apple chooses its retailers carefully and there is not a lot of price variation. The cheapest place however is generally the (unless you ha[broken link removed] unless you have the opportunity to pick up the item in the US, where the prices are significantly less.

If you do buy in the US there's no problem with warranty service as Apple's warranty is global and they don't care where you bought the item.

extopia said:
The cheapest place however is generally the (unless you ha[broken link removed] unless you have the opportunity to pick up the item in the US, where the prices are significantly less.

I'm not sure 'significantly less' would really apply to be honest. I bought my Ipod Nano in the Apple Store in New York and after sales tax and currency conversion it came to roughly €230 versus €259 here (4gb).

While I got to take it home with me on the spot I had to forego the engraving. Also I already had an Irish charger at home otherwise you're stuck with charging (slowly) via the USB cable to the computer or forking out for another charger when you get home.

The warrently is international though which is great.

You could try the special limited edition available in N. Ireland...?

[broken link removed]

No, but seriously — if you know anyone who's a student or a teacher you could order it from the Apple "educational" store for [broken link removed] (4GB model, delivered & engraved).

You can use the US charger easily enough with an adapter as iPod chargers are the variable-voltage type (110-230v).

230 versus 260 isn't exactly going to pay for your flight but if you're over there and in the market for an iPod why not?

You could also try

[broken link removed]

current bid is €50 and it comes loaded with music

That must be the most famous auction bidireland.com has ever had...

It's been posted here (in the forum), on Boards.ie (searching disabled) and [broken link removed]... probably coming soon to Liveline/GR show? If I was poor old "Peter the sleeze bag" I'd be outta the country by now! :D

It also made The Sun yestreday aparantly according to Bid Irelands site

[broken link removed]

Back