Ipod with radio

cara mc k

Hi,

looking for advice, can you get an ipod with a radio or if not something similar. I have very little knowledge in this area but am looking for advice on this type of product and the best place to buy it.

Any advice appreciated

Cara Mc K

as far as I know you need to get a plug in part to get radio. my partner got one in argos.

Lots of digital audio "MP3" players include radios as standard or as an add-on - for example some Creative models.

Yeah ipods dont have radios

Try out a creative

Bought one on their ebay store [broken link removed]

If you're mainly interested in the radio, then a mobile phone might suit better. Some come with radio plus some memory for mp3s. More limited than a dedicataed player, but better than having 2 boxes to carry!

Thanks for advice, re ipod i know you use itunes to download music, how does Creative work?
and also if buying ipods, any advice on good deals and where to buy.

many thanks
Cara Mc K

Thanks for advice, re ipod i know you use itunes to download music, how does Creative work?
You can rip from CD to digital audio (e.g. MP3) or download/purchase tracks online from various sites (possibly including iTunes). Maybe you should read some beginner's guides to digital audio players such as the one at HowStuffWorks?

many thanks
Cara Mc K

I have an iRiver model H10 i think, 20GB, radio is good, also stores all my pictures as a back up from my PC. I simply have stored all my CDs on it as I have never bought music on line (me being a complete dinosaur) but while itunes not compatible with an iRiver plenty other ways to buy online that are.

Also I bought mine on ebay(new) which seemed to work out well and cheaper and I have never had any problems.

many thanks
Cara Mc K

I have a CREATIVE ZEN Vision:M 30 GB media player. It's one alternative to a 30GB iPOD. While not the design classic that an iPOD is, it scores better, for me, for versatility, i.e. can play DIVX either on it's own screen or through a TV, and has an FM radio. Watching DIVX content on the DART is a big plus for me.

CREATIVE doesn't have, AFAIK, it's equivalent of iTunes for buying music. It does have a service called ZENCAST for podcasts and vodcasts, but not to purchase & download music.

The one bugbear I do have with it, and the same would be true of an iPOD, is that you need (supplied) proprietary software to connect to a PC.

While Creative don't appear to have a dedicated site of their own for purchasing/downloading music, they do state the following on their website (in the blurb on the Zen V+)

Full access to online music stores
Select from more than a million songs from a myriad of online music stores - Napster To Go, Yahoo! Music Unlimited, Rhapsody To Go, and so much more. With PlaysForSure support, you will always be able to play any digital music purchased or subscribed to.

I've got a 4GB Zen V+ myself (which includes a radio) and am very happy with it.

Hi,

looking for advice, can you get an ipod with a radio or if not something similar. I have very little knowledge in this area but am looking for advice on this type of product and the best place to buy it.

Any advice appreciated

Cara Mc K

What exactly, do you want it to do, and what do you want it not to do.

Back