Ipod- using 2 Itunes libraries

jenben1982

Recently bought an ipod and have installed limewire & iTunes on my work PC and then my home PC. I uploaded songs from my home PC and then tried to do the same in work the following day, but it is saying I can only have ONE iTunes library at any time unless I change my settings to 'Manual'.

I think I changed it to manual by ticking a box in iTunes, but I still cannot upload songs from my work PC. Anyone give me a beginners guide of what to do?

Thanks

I believe its got to be manual otherwise it will automatically update your ipod with the songs in the library you have connected it to, so if you have 2 it will wipe and reinstall each library every time you plug it into a different one. But if its on manual you should be ok and you would have to drag and drop the songs you want to go onto your ipod.

It is on manual but its not allowwing me to drag or drop the songs.

Where out of interest do you drag/drop the songs anyway?

If I remember rightly you will have to create a playlist with all the songs you want to send to your ipod, then there should be and option when on the selected playlist to sync it with your ipod. You may have to right click the playlist or something and select sync.

Back