IPod Shuffle

newgirl

Hi,

Does anyone know where the best place is to buy an IPod shuffle? Are they the same price everywhere or is anyone doing a special offer on them??

newgirl said:
Hi,

Does anyone know where the best place is to buy an IPod shuffle? Are they the same price everywhere or is anyone doing a special offer on them??

[broken link removed] is €99 on Komplett.ie and the [broken link removed] is €139.

I think this is cheaper than around town but am open to correction.

If you know anybody going to the USA who could pick one up for you that might be the cheapest alternative. Last time I checked the equivalent prices were $99 and $139 (possible excluding local taxes).

MonsieurBond said:
[broken link removed] is €99 on Komplett.ie and the [broken link removed] is €139.

I think this is cheaper than around town but am open to correction.

Similar pricing on but they have a range of accessories also.

Accessories are expensive around town so if buying an iPod with a bunch of accessories, even with the shipping, it will still work out cheaper.

Of course the cheapest place to buy is actually the US if you have friends or family there who can post it onto you.

Thank you both for your replies.

What is the difference between the 2 is it the number of songs they hold? If so is there much of a difference??

Yes its the number of songs it can store.

The 99EUR one has 512MB of memory, which could store about 128 tracks (most songs are around 4MB in size).
The 139EUR one has 1GB (1,024MB) of memory, which could store about 260 tracks.

CGorman said:
Yes its the number of songs it can store.

The 99EUR one has 512MB of memory, which could store about 128 tracks (most songs are around 4MB in size).
The 139EUR one has 1GB (1,024MB) of memory, which could store about 260 tracks.

I.e. 512MB can store about 10+ albums and the 1GB about 20+.

It is worth bearing in mind however that unless you are content to always listen to your music on Shuffle (random) mode, that 20 albums or 260 tracks of music is difficult to navigate without a display.

So perhaps the 512MB is a better option.

The iPod Shuffle doesn't only work in Shuffle mode i.e. random tracks, it also works in the standard way of playing one track after another in the original album order (or the playlist you organise them into of course).

DaveD said:
The iPod Shuffle doesn't only work in Shuffle mode i.e. random tracks, it also works in the standard way of playing one track after another in the original album order (or the playlist you organise them into of course).

Yes, you can listen to the music in the order in which you selected the music e.g. album by album or by playlist.

If you want to change the selection, however, you then end up using the Next Track and Next Album button a lot. This is fine for a few albums, but without a display it is not very practical for 20 or more albums / playlists.

Apple Simplifies iPod Lines

New iPods - all full-size iPods will now have colour screens, i.e. the iPod and iPod Photo lines are being merged. Models are 20GB and 60GB (30GB gone for now). There is no sign for now of a larger capacity iPod Shuffle (with or without a screen).

Apple also announced V4.9 of iTunes which supports podcast (sort of blogs over radio).

Full details on The Register or NY Times.

(This thread should really be in IT, Digital Cameras - any moderator volunteer to move it?)

Back