Ipod Question

Ham Slicer

My sister has gone travelling with her Ipod. Itunes is on her PC at home. She is now bored and wants to put new songs on to it.

I assume because she hasn't got the itunes discs etc. with her she can't just walk into a internet cafe and start downloading new songs to ADD to her current collection?

I'm heading to Asia in a few weeks and will meet up with her.

Is it possible for me to load some songs on to a pen drive and her to load on to the Ipod from there?

If not, are there any other altenatives other than sending the Ipod home for me to play with and bring it back to Asia with me?

Thanks.

If she wants to use another PC she would have to set up a new iTunes with a new library

Probably she could find a techie in a internet cafe that would sort it out for her. Copy the existing music off. Create a new library add new music, then copy it back. Theres software other then iTunes that can do this. AFAIK. I did it before a few years back, I forgotten the details.

If she wants to use another PC she would have to set up a new iTunes with a new library

Not true. She can download Floola from here:
[broken link removed]

If she installs that in an internet cafe, she can drag and drop the songs from your USB key to her ipod. I actually use Floola instead of iTunes. It's a bit rough around the edges but it does the job.

Yamipod is free and can add to your iPod library.
It can also copy everything from it to the computer.
[broken link removed]

Note: Once you resynch it with iTunes, the music added via Yamipod will dissappear (unless you first copy it to the machine and add it to iTunes).

You learn something new every day.. Thanks