IPOD problems

P

penang

Hi

Miss Penang received an Ipod for her birthday last July. Now its beginning to act very strangely, battery wont hold charge, downloading songs from PC takes ages and sometimes wipes the IPOD of all existing songs. Tried downloading latest firmware and Itunes but situation is no better. As far as I'm concerned the IPOD is well and truly bust.

looking through the discussion groups it seems that we are not alone. Looks like I can approach Apple under warranty and have it fixed - great. only problem is I bought it in Dixons in Heathrow and I'm not sure if the warranty applies here.

Has anyone approached Apple in Ireland for warranty work on and IPOD and how did you get on?

Many Thanks

P

ipod

just ring Apple & explain it to them...that would be the first port of call ..see how you get on....if you get crap treatment then let everyone know...then again if you get satisfaction be sure to state that as well...

ninsaga

IPOD

Thanks - I'll try apple and Dixon's and post my progress.

p

Re: IPOD

Apple generally doesn't care where you bought their equipment -- as long as the warranty is still good (and sometimes even when it isn't) they usually will repair for you. Call them and ask: 1800 92 38 98 is the number of the Apple Store online, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Back