Ipod not downloading music

cara mc k

Dear AAM,

I recently got a present of an Ipod from the USA, I downloaded itunes, plugged the ipod into the computer to charge the battery, and bought some songs from itunes & burned CD's into my itunes library. However although my ipod is plugged in and charged, I can't seem to transfer the music to it. As I am not great on computers, and have no ipod owning friends, is there any Apple helpline I can ring from Ireland, as I can only listen to the music on the computer only.

Many thanks
Cara Mc K

Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter?
I'm sure that the Apple and other websites have basic instructions on how to install it and troubleshoot problems.

The Apple Ireland number for Ipods & Iphones is 1850946191

I have had a few problems with my iphone and they have been great in helping to solve them.

When you connect your ipod, itunes should open. On the left hand side, click devices, there should be an icon for your ipod -(your name)’s ipod – click on this. You then have some options (1) click synch (lower right hand side), in which case all music in your itunes library will be transferred to your ipod and will overwrite music already on your ipod (if any), or (2) select music you want transferred and drag to the icon for your ipod – this is the best way to transfer songs individually. Hope this helps

Thanks everyone for your advice I will give it a try, it's hard when you are not that great with computers, but to get advice from real people is alway the best

Thanks again

Cara Mc K