Ipod Nano V. 7 Upgrade - Help.

shootingstar

Hi All.

bought my daughter ipod nano for xmas. when we plug it to the pc its saying you must upgrade to version 7 or go to [broken link removed] or use the cd that came with the ipod!!!!!!

we already have itunes on the pc but obviously not the "upgraded" version. i dont have internet so i cant download it and we didnt get a cd with the ipod. bought it genuine in flor griffins

any suggestions?

Re: Ipod Nano V. 7 Upgrade????? Help.

I don't think you have many options, I would suggest returning to the shop

thanks con
is it possible for me to download it from internet onto cd in my b/f house?

yeah download the installer from your boyfriends house and burn it onto a cd or move it onto a flashdrive and then install it on your machine and it will work fine

yeah download the installer from your boyfriends house and burn it onto a cd or move it onto a flashdrive and then install it on your machine and it will work fine

Thanks.... just 1 more Q....

he has itunes installed on his pc already. i know its not version 7 its the earlier version. if i start meddling with it and i download a newer version etc will it upset his version?

can itunes be downloaded on a pc with analogue lines (no b.band in this area).

If you upgrade his it will have no affect, I've already done it on my own and in case you are worried about losing some music then don't be

Hi All.

bought my daughter ipod nano for xmas. when we plug it to the pc its saying you must upgrade to version 7 or go to [broken link removed] or use the cd that came with the ipod!!!!!!

we already have itunes on the pc but obviously not the "upgraded" version. i dont have internet so i cant download it and we didnt get a cd with the ipod. bought it genuine in flor griffins

any suggestions?

I thought all new iPods came with the iTunes CD? Or did you buy it 2nd hand?

As Con says, you can download iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and install it on your PC. It will upgrade a music library from a previous version of iTunes.

I thought all new iPods came with the iTunes CD? Or did you buy it 2nd hand?

As Con says, you can download iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and install it on your PC. It will upgrade a music library from a previous version of iTunes.

I bought an ipod nano about 3 months ago - no cd. Got requested to upgrade the software on nano about a month ago, and following the upgrade my internet settings got mucked up, so that I could not access internet. Had to do some fiddling around to get it going again.

Might an easier solution be to take the hard drive of the pc that has no internet connection and bring it to the boyfriend's house and install/sort direct?

Hi,
iPod's no longer come with a CD, the new system requirements include "internet access". (as listed on the Apple online store)

As you have no internet all you need to do is download iTunes 7 and put on a disk then install it on your PC. You don't even need to install it on the computer you download it on, incase you are afriad of messing it up. (but it shouldn't). Just copy the file "iTunesSetup.exe".

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Back