Ipod fm transmitter

Randy

Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter - Black

I'm looking to hook up my Ipod in a car that isn't hard wired for mp3 players but I can use an fm transmitter instead. I'm just wondering if anyone has uised this particular this transmitter for the Ipod? All the reviews on the apple site are very good, but are by English users so I'm not sure how effective it would be on our fair Isle!

Please let me know if I should look at something else instead or whether this is the kit I'm looking for!

thanks

I have used a few of these fm transmitters - can't be sure if i used the griffin one though - i have not found any of them any good really- i have not been happy with the sound. I may be a bit of a perfectionist that way though.

I use one of the cassette adapters - put in the tape and plug the cable into the head phone jack (will therefore work with any mp3 / music player).

i know some people that have been very happy with the iTrip.

I have used the iTrip and not found it great to be honest. The signal dosent seem to be very strong and can get alot of interference from radio stations.
The one I use at the moment is something like the roadtrip which has an ipod docking station with builtin Fm transmitter and is powered through the cigarette lighter. It seems to give a far stronger FM signal and dosent have as much interference plus if you do get interference, its very easy to change the channel on the roadtrip.

I use this one with my Creative Zen Vision and find it great. Powered by battery or cigarette lighter. Blocks out all other channels.

[broken link removed]

I got that Griffin itrip. I was bit disappointed. Got it for the holidays last year driving around Ireland but had to keep changing the frequency as I drove into different areas.
Works ok in Dublin though

thanks Bishop, which one is it that you actually use?