ipod fix old one or dump it?

Edie75

Hi all, just looking for a little advice. I have an iPod nano 2GB. it is 3 years old. the screen is gone on it as i dropped it & the ink ran so its out of warranty- thing is its 55 euro to fix with ipodrepairs or should i just buy a new one. i mean how long do these things last anyhow? i think a new one would only be 140 eur or thereabouts?

I had a similar problem and decided to just buy a new mp3 - 2GB is very small by today's standards and you would probably end up upgrading sooner or later. Unless you have a very low usage for it and the low capacity doesn't bother you of course.

I bought a Zen for €130 that stores 8GB and shows video. So much better.

Actually its a good time to get a new ipod with apple releasing their 4th generation ipods theyre selling off the 3rd generations a little cheaper than normal, currently the 3rd gen 8gb was 139.90 now 99.90 and the 4th gen 8gb is 139.90

I've had 3 or 4 ipods at this stage, so have nothing against them, but I wouldn't restrict my search to an iPod unless I had downloaded a load of music from iTunes.

There are plenty of cheaper alternatives, particularly if you don't use it that regularly. Plus many others come with built in radio (rather than the headphones radio that depletes the ipod battery significantly).

I've had 3 or 4 ipods at this stage, so have nothing against them, but I wouldn't restrict my search to an iPod unless I had downloaded a load of music from iTunes.

There are plenty of cheaper alternatives, particularly if you don't use it that regularly. Plus many others come with built in radio (rather than the headphones radio that depletes the ipod battery significantly).

Radio sounds good what would you suggest as an alternative?? thanks for all replies v informative...

Back