iPod content for 12yo boy

TarfHead

A colleague at work is looking for help. He has bought his 12yo an iPod for Christmas & wants to get some music loaded onto it so it can be played out of the stocking on Christmas morning.

Anyone here have any suggestions about what 12 year-olds are listening to ? I assume Green Day/Arctic Monkeys/eh, thats about it.

Anything else ?

Umm.....what about Giirls Aloud, 50 Cent, Rihanna, Shane Ward, Kylie, Killers, Avril Lavigne, Bell X1, Justin Timberlake, McFly, Snow Patrol.

Above seem to be on the radio a fair bit - can't recommend many of them though :eek:

tell him to check the sons CD collection - that's what he should load it up with - or get him an iTunes voucher. I wouldn't potentially waste money on music he may just delete...

tell him to check the sons CD collection

should have added that the son doesn't have much music cos, to date, he has nothing to play it on. Just looking for some other band's names. When I was that age my world of music started and ended with Thin Lizzy. Guess I'm not 'down wit da kids' :rolleyes: ?

has the son asked for an ipod? it could be that he has nothing to play or play on because he has no interest in listening to music...

You can play a lot more than just music on a digital audio player - language courses, lectures, radio/web podcasts etc.

Make sure the Ipod is charged on christmas morning and then let the child download his own music. Older kids often don't have much to do on the morning because the presents aren't usually the type that you play with. I got my daughter and ipod last year and she spent a long time on christmas day choosing songs on a budget from itunes.

Back