ipod attachment for existing car stereo?

Staples

Anyone know whether it's possible to attach an ipod to an existing car stereo without having to replace the stereo itself?

I recall a few years ago when CDs were on the rise that it was possible to connect a portable CD player. Just wondering if there's anything similar for an ipod/MP3 player.

Thanks

There are several possible ways:

Connect MP3 player headphone socket or line out to care stereo line in if it has one.
In car radio transmitter (although sound quality may vary)
Perhaps via one of those cassette tape adaptors?
Other...?

Staples,

I did a fair bit of research on the various models before Christmas as it was going to be part of Santa's surprise to me on December 25th. The best value I found was with a small company at www.merconnet.com and I actually ordered their AudiaX DGT-202 FM Wireless Transmitter for $36.99 +$10 shipping. I stalled for a while because I had not heard of them previously and wanted to pay securely (i.e. Paypal) but then found out that my new car had an iPod connection built in.

So, I didn't follow through with the order, rang them and cancelled but it may be worth checking out. Just make sure that your payment method is secure, they seemed fine to me when I was talking to them and I found nothing untoward when I researched them on the internet....but you never know.

All the best.

I've connected mine mp3 player to car CD player with a wire for 2.50, two plugs same as headphones. You can also try MUPLIN, they do a lot of stuff