Ipod and new computer

Gunnerbar

Just got a new computer and am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can keep the songs saved on my Ipod when I run the I tunes programme in to the new computer?

Had the same issue when I got a new machine. Upshot was I had to reformat the iPod and re-install the ORIGINAL iPod software from CD! Very messy but I'd planned to do it anyway as I wanted to change most of the music. When I plugged the iPod into the new PC, it caused all sorts of issues initially including some very dodgy blue screens.

You'll then have to download the latest iPod softare and iTunes to update.

More info here on all things iPod. Worth checking out in more detail before you set up iTunes or plug in your iPod.
http://www.ipodlounge.com

Gillers

www.ipodlounge.com is great for ipod related FAQ's and forums

if you change the ipod to manually update you wont lose what is on it when you change computers - afaik you cant change back to auto without reformating the ipod

Step 1. Install iTunes on new machine.

Step 2. Plug in iPod. When iTunes comes up with the message saying something like, "This iPod has been synced to another computer do you wish sync it with this computer" simply press NO.

Step 3. Whith iPod recognised by iTunes Edit -> Preferences -> iPod -> The select update manually option.

To update your iPod now you can import a CD to you lib then manually drag the songs onto your ipod.

If you want to take songs from your ipod to you machine downlaod a utility like iPodAgent

Back