iphone repeating one song

Madilla

My iphone will is only playing one song over and over doesnt move on to next song. Have done a restore but still no joy just wondering where the difficulty might be?

Sounds like you've accidentally turned on the repeat function in the menu — check under player settings.

Went into ipod settings but dont see repeat function do you know where I can find it? Did google & said I should see repeat button at top right of screen when playing song but couldnt see anything.Thks for your prompt reply.

When you play a song, tap the album art to bring up more options. The repeat button is the one furthest to the left (looks like two arrows in an oval). Tap it until it is not coloured anymore.
Apparently there may be a glitch in repeat mode relating to the wrong song but the above would seem to fix your problem I think.

When I tap album art I get listing of songs but dont see any sign of arrows.Only options seem to be to select album cover to go back to picture or to select stars which I assume is for rating. I dont see any view of the song progress either which used to be there.

hold the phone vertically when the song is playing... look towards top left of screen. there are two lines intertwined... tap this and it should turn it off... happened myself only a few days ago.

Last edited:
Hmmm ok. Have you tried the boards forums? Big apple forum there. They should be able to help.

Not sure if I can post images, but will try as it's easier with screen shots.

Normal view with no icons:

[broken link removed]

Touching the centre of the screen once will bring up the following icons at the top of the screen:

[broken link removed]

The icon on the far left is the repeat function. (others are: middle two related to Ping's like and comment function, last one on right is shuffle)

If it shows the below image, it means it's set to repeat current song (blue with a 1):

[broken link removed]

when that icon is white it means the ipod will just play the album once. If it is blue it will repeat the entire album/playlist, if it is blue with a 1 it will repeat current song.

If you touce the screen does it bring up those icons?

I dont have this information displaying on my screen. I cant see song progress or any of the information underneath artist, song name and album name. It is the same with any album or song I select. Thks

I dont have this information displaying on my screen. I cant see song progress or any of the information underneath artist, song name and album name. It is the same with any album or song I select. Thks

It's displaying the artist and song name as in the first picture?

If so, you just tap the centre of the screen once (or anywhere on the actual album art) and it should come up then underneath the artists name etc.

It's a default setting, so there's no way I know of of disabling this as you don't have those options.

When I tap the screen i just get a listing of the album songs with a blue arrow beside the song playing but none of the other information seems to be available.

When I tap the screen i just get a listing of the album songs with a blue arrow beside the song playing but none of the other information seems to be available.

One last daft question before we've exhausted the simple stuff: are you holding the phone vertically or horizontally?

Horizontally brings up the album flow screen so it looks like this:

[broken link removed]

Tapping the screen only works when phone is vertical.

Back