iphone or itouch?

karlod

Hi everybody

I had an itouch and loved it but i lost it. So i want to buy another one. Ive been checking prices and am looking at the 16 GB. A friend got the iphone and i was looking at that and it seems identical to the itouch and has the extra feature of the phone and internet ability (without wifi).
Wondering what you think.
itouch 16 gb - between 215-280 (ebay and apple shop)
iphone 16 gb 229 contract with o2, 45 a month (18 month contract).

currently with o2 paying about 50 quid a month

Have people had problem with iphones. Do the mp3/video and apps features on iphone work as well as the itouch. Is the iphone itself any use? coverage, usabilty, reliability (curently have high end SE phone and never an issue)

Any other facts and info, welcome

Thanks
Karl

the contracts available for the iphone are ridiculous. Most people with surf using wifi so why can't they just let you pick your own price plan. Thats one of the main reasons I wouldn't have one

I have both. As you said the iphone is the same as the itouch but with a phone function. The phone is bulkier than the itouch. All the apps work fine on it, exactly the same as the itouch. You can't send picture messages on it at the moment but apparently they are issuing a software upgrade soon which will let you, if that's an issue.

I've no problems with coverage. I found the touch screen a bit tricky at first for texting but I'm used to it now. I love it:D

the contracts available for the iphone are ridiculous. Most people with surf using wifi so why can't they just let you pick your own price plan. Thats one of the main reasons I wouldn't have one

How do "Most" people surf with WiFi on mobiles. Is there that much free wifi around?

The prices plans aren't that much different to other O2 mobile prices plans once you add 1GB of data allowance.

Sory to jump in here but thinking of getting an Itouch for my boyfriend. Is the 16GB enough memory for someone only downloading music and podcasts? He doesn't download movies so not sure if getting him the 32GB would be a bit of a waste??

You can never have enough space. The 16 GB is reasonable compromise. Tbh the 8GB is ok for most people.

Sory to jump in here but thinking of getting an Itouch for my boyfriend. Is the 16GB enough memory for someone only downloading music and podcasts? He doesn't download movies so not sure if getting him the 32GB would be a bit of a waste??

I have the 8Gb version and I currently have four full-length films, plenty of music and a handful of applications (SimCity is great!) and podcasts on it without any problem.

I have both. As you said the iphone is the same as the itouch but with a phone function. The phone is bulkier than the itouch. All the apps work fine on it, exactly the same as the itouch. You can't send picture messages on it at the moment but apparently they are issuing a software upgrade soon which will let you, if that's an issue.

I've no problems with coverage. I found the touch screen a bit tricky at first for texting but I'm used to it now. I love it:D

Good to hear. Id have a problem with not being able to send picture messages as i do a lot. size not to bad.
Maybe as said before i should hold off till the new one comes out.

Good to hear. Id have a problem with not being able to send picture messages as i do a lot.

As Kiddo said, version 3.0 of the iPhone software will be out in a month or so, and will include the ability to do multimedia text messages.

Back