iPhone 8 or 8 plus?

Carnmore

I've ordered a silver iPhone 8 from Apple UK, delivery via AddressPal, but am having second thoughts about the size and colour.

I've only had an iPhone 5 and although it does seem small I was reluctant to go for the 8 plus thinking it'd be too big.

Which is the best size and colour for the 8 and would there be any issue returning the unopened / unused 8 to Apple?

By size do you mean the dimension differences between the 8 and 8+ or the storage differences between the 128 or 256?

I have an iPhone 6s+ 128GB and can't see myself using a smaller screen or capacity again. Its also in an Otterbox case so bigger than normal. Other people find the bulk offputting and have difficulty using the keyboard onehanded but I'm absolutely fine with it as I find smaller phones a bit fiddly since investing in the "phablet". My next investment will be in an iPhone 8+ 256GB (or equivalent as there's still lots of life in the 6s+, said he touching wood).

I don't see why Apple UK should take your iPhone back just because you changed your mind after "saving" €20/25 and perhaps losing out on your Irish consumer rights.

By size do you mean the dimension differences between the 8 and 8+ or the storage differences between the 128 or 256?

I have an iPhone 6s+ 128GB and can't see myself using a smaller screen or capacity again. Its also in an Otterbox case so bigger than normal. Other people find the bulk offputting and have difficulty using the keyboard onehanded but I'm absolutely fine with it as I find smaller phones a bit fiddly since investing in the "phablet". My next investment will be in an iPhone 8+ 256GB (or equivalent as there's still lots of life in the 6s+, said he touching wood).

Thanks

I don't see why Apple UK should take your iPhone back just because you changed your mind after "saving" €20/25 and perhaps losing out on your Irish consumer rights.

I don't know why I asked that question because there's a statutory 14 day returns policy under distance selling regulations.

If you're referring to the EU six year claim period the delivery address is irrelevant. My billing address and Apple ID address are in the ROI.

The saving was €33 buying from Apple UK vs Apple IE. It makes no sense to not avail of this saving.

I keep thinking Brexit is a real thing rather than the political football that gets kicked over and back around the abandoned customs post at Black lion.

How long does it take to get used to the 8 plus?

I got so used to one-handed use with my iPhone 5 but my thumb aches doing this with the 8 plus!

Also, does iCloud back up work with wireless charging?

How long does it take to get used to the 8 plus?
Depending on the environment you work in, you could try using Siri and get her to earn her keep, she lives in there anyway. I find her handy enough.

I also spend many hours at work with a face mask so I’m not that keen on replacing TouchID with a pin code.
You're either a panel-beater or a surgeon then, but don't you mean facial-recognition rather than Touchid and pin?

I'm sure they've picked their phone by now!! In any event Apple will announce a suite of new phones on Wednesday which will result in discounts of existing phones as retailers/operators seek to shift old stock.

Back