Iphone 4 sim problems

Bessa

My friend got his new iphone 4 today, which came sim free. So he cut down his sim from his old phone, but it is not working in the iphone as he trimmed too much if it away. Now he has two phones not working,and his original phone is on bill pay with o2. Will o2 give him a new sim card. If he gets a microsim from o2 he has to pay 40 euro a month for it, and he just wants to stay on the bill pay plan he already has with them.

He should be able to just get a sim change in any O2 store - its up to him what tariff he on but he also needs to make sure that he has a data package if he's using an iPhone so the €40 tariff may actually be better value for him

If your friend contacts O2 and asks for a micro SIM, they will gladly give them one. It is up to your friend to choose which contract to use, just as when he originally chose O2.

I understand there is a template available which helps in trimming a normal-sized SIM down to micro SIM proportions. As your friend has discovered, performing this trimming 'blind' is highly problematic. I haven't looked for this template in the Internet, but it should not be too difficult to track down.

He got sorted today in o2 with a new microsim and no charge. Thanks for your help.