iphone 4 or HTC desire HD

corcoran1

Hi,

My phone was damagd and aiave been offered an iphone 4 or HTC Desire HD. I had an IPhone 3gs. Alot of people raving about the Desire HD, Anyone any opinion?

Purchasing Iphone on Ebay/Gumtree

Hi, I would be interested to hear any opinions on whether I should buy an Iphone from a high street store or take the aparently much cheaper option of ebay or gumtree. I am living in the Uk so must buy the phone outright, as apposed to taking a contract, but I dont want to be penny wise and pound foolish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a certified technophobe but need a decent phone. Thanks.

You can buy iphones sim free direct from apple online, just go to the apple site. You may be able to buy them in the actual apple stores too if there is one near you

Thanks paddyc. Buying the phone sim free is my plan so I can then set up a rolling contract or go pay as you go. I suppose my main query is should I pay the full price through apple or buy a 2nd hand one through ebay or gumtree? There is a large price difference but you dont often hear of people buying these phones 2nd hand.

I bought my hd desire off gumtree.. I'm ready to go and got a great deal, but you have to be very careful on gumtree, as there's a lot off scammers..

I sold my previous sim free iphone 3g on boards adverts.ie site, if you do go that route make sure you do a face to face meet and test the phone before you part with your cash. If your getting an iphone 4 remember you will need a micro sim to test.

Hi,

My phone was damagd and aiave been offered an iphone 4 or HTC Desire HD. I had an IPhone 3gs. Alot of people raving about the Desire HD, Anyone any opinion?

I was asking the same question on another forum recently and got this useful reply....
My experience (both as an iPhone user and working in a phone-shop) is that people do not transition well from iOS to Android. I went from 3G to HTC Desire, which was put back in it's box after a fortnight, I kept the 3G until the 4 came out last summer.

iOS exists in a very controlled environment, but that results in high quality apps, that do not crash or freeze the phone, give superior battery life and a class-leading user experience.
Android is much more "open" - although becoming less so - this has it's downsides, but it is more individual and can be relatively easily tailored.

Trust me, you do not want flash on your mobile device. My experience is that it is horribly laggy, drains system resources and crashes the Android browser every few pages. I turned it off on my Desire.

For me the iPhone feels like a well though-out product, everything works well together, Android is more of a piece-meal project, menus behave inconsistently throughout, the Market is full of cloned software and/or malware. See if you can borrow a friend's droid, a quick play in a shop will not be enough time to make a good comparison.
Hope this helps

Back