iPad 3G plan for Ireland + UK?

Cottier

I'm looking of a payment plan for an iPad that would give a reasonable value for money being in both Ireland and the UK. I can get a pretty good monthly subscription for 3G in one or other country but the 'international' roaming costs are often ridiculous (like £3+ on a UK plan in Ireland...per Mb!). I guess I could just have two SIMs but then I'm also in Brussels a fair bit. Anyone know of an EU roaming plan?

...guess the other option is just to get a cheap 'daily' rate SIM for occasional use in each country you're likely to visit.

You'd need to check with them but I think that an Irish 3 account works in the UK without any additional costs.

thanks, I must have missed that option on their website. Still can't see anywhere where it describes what the terms and conditions are. I'll pop in the shop and ask them I guess.

OK, I called them and they are offering a ‘3 like home’ service in the UK. This enables you to use the data allowance in the same way as long as you connect to the 3UK network (same for Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Australia, Hong Kong, so they say).

Back