Invoice entered twice

Josvill2010

HI,

An invoice has been entered twice in the system. Though It has been paid only once, the bank account in the accounting software has been credited twice. Therefore, the bank account doesnt reconcile to the bank statement.

Which is the best way to fix this. The documents and payment in accounting softw cannot be reversed

Regard,
j

Hi Josville

I am not sure that Askaboutmoney is a substitute for training in bookkeeping or in your accounts software. You probably need to do a course on the software package or get your accountant to show you how to deal with these.

Normally, putting an invoice into a system, does not affect the bank account. I am guessing that you are putting in the invoice as a cheque payment. The system should allow you to cancel or reverse the cheque payment as errors are often made. If you don't know how to do this, get training or ring technical support.

Brendan

Daenis
SAP. Both invoices have been posted and paid in SAP. Only one payment went to the client. But the period to reverse invoices and payment are closed

You must have some kind of helpdesk or support for SAP, surely (no Lesley Nielsen jokes please).

Can you post a refund from supplier into the system, then in the next Rec, just tick the cheque and the lodgement and all will be well.

SAP requires a three way match between Purchase Order, Proof of Delivery, and Supplier Invoice to generate a payment.

I think you will need to explain how the double payment was generated in order to get a full answer to your question

Back