Investments/Businesses for a new age

ringledman

All,

So we enter a new age. Growth in commercial type ventures is dead in the water.

What are we predicting will be the bulls of the next decade? Whether investments or individual businesses???

What boomed in Japan after their downfall in the 90s???

I believe commodity based investments (i.e. inflation will eventually rise due to bailouts and inevitable printing of money).

Also obviously infrastructure based companies that build but don't borrow (i.e. finance-build-operate will be difficult due to shortage of capital borrowings).

So place your bets. What will be the best places to put your money....

Interesting thread.Please elaborate on 'commodity based investments' and where you see the opportunity.Thanks in advance.

Oil for me.. in this market you might have to wear a bit more pain but i feel $25 is the max bottom however would not be surprised to see $200 in the next 2 years. On a risk reward basis i feel this represents super value. Trading circa $40 at mom !!

Interesting thread.Please elaborate on 'commodity based investments' and where you see the opportunity.Thanks in advance.

Read-

Hot Commodities by Jim Rogers.
The Next Big investment Boom by Mark Shipman.

They can explain commodities investment far better than me.

Any questions after that just ask.

If were heading for deflation then stay away from commodities. If however were heading for inflation (what I think will happen) then get into commodities.

Cheers.

Back