Investment Courses, Stocks and Shares

TomOC

Hi
Does anyone know of any good evening/ part time courses relating to investing in stocks and shares. I heard of one in UCD. Anyone know of any in Waterford or South east region or even Cork? Also any good investment books for a first time investor? Thanks for help

Tom

HI Tom

Apply online at [broken link removed] , they will profile and send you out a list of good investment books.

The books I've read from the selection:

• 'The Little Book of Common Sense Investing' by John Bogle
  • 'The Intelligent investor' by Benjamin Graham (Warren Buffett's mentor)
  • 'Beyond the Zulu Principle' by Jim Slater
All very good reads....

Tom. Better to put your money in the bank. It takes a lot of skill & experience to make money on the markets.

You will probably also encounter TICN in your search - avoid them as the courses are really expensive - for information thats essentially already on the web!

Tom. Better to put your money in the bank. It takes a lot of skill & experience to make money on the markets.

Have gone thorugh nearly ever regular saver available the last few years as well as rabo northern rock and others. Got great rates through moving money around. Money mainly tied up in Investec now fixed saver for 1 year. Also some remaining in regular savers. Am interested in taking a small gamble now. Really just gambling the interest I will earn on savings accounts not much more. Think stock market now or soon could be good gamble that may do great or implode but worth a shot anyway. Think some massive opportunity available now or soon in stock markets- will try Irish stocks.

Thanks for advice ninsaga

I myself am a trader and was looking forward to that programme. But it turned out to be very boring and un-informative.