Investing each month for approx 3 years - advice?

K

kevinjsparks

Hi there,
Im an absolute novice with investements, from the UK originally but now living in Ireland.

I wanted to look for a few investement options, could someone put themselves in my shoes and advise on the following please:

1. I am going to open a AIB current/savings account (4%) soon but would want to invest around 300 euros per month in a medium risk investment proposal for around 3 years. I also have a lump sum to invest of 10,000 euros, would it be advised to put this in a seperate lump sum investment or trickle this into the monthly payment investment account?

2. I also have around 12,000 sterling in my UK account, am I still able to invest this and if so can I do it in the UK, Ireland or both?

3. One last thing that frustrates me so is the fact that with any bank as far as I can see you need to get a credit card to get access to a visa debit card. In the UK I got one on my current account. Does anyone know of any alternatives instead of those rubbish laser cards which dont work on internet or even the cinema!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Kevin

Back