Investing €7, 500

W

willi911

Hi,
I'm a student however through various jobs etc i have managed to save up approx €7,500. This money is currently sitting in my normal current account.

What are the best options for investing this, that i could earn as much as possible, i am willing to take risks and i know my options will be limited due to the small sum of money involved.

Thanks

Check out the best buys thread for unit-linked lump sum investments
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=37142

The exact fund(s) you choose will depend on what you think has good growth prospects vs the risk involved.

If this is all your savings I would think carefully about investing in something "risky" - you should be entering into this investment prepared to not touch the money for 5+ years, and be able to accept a loss of a few grand if you do need to access the funds.

High interest deposit accounts are another choice... e.g. lodge lump sum in First Active E Saver at 5.22% then drip feed to First Active Regular Saver at 7.15%

High interest deposit accounts are another choice... e.g. lodge lump sum in First Active E Saver at 5.22% then drip feed to First Active Regular Saver at 7.15%

Has anyone sucessfully done this without having to drip feed from a seperate account?

I was informed by a FA rep that you could not drip feed from the 5.22 into the 7% a/c, the latter had to be fed from a completely different a/c.

Not that it makes much difference now but is this the case for everyone or was I mis informed?