Intestate...Administrators expenses

J

JColtrane

Hi All

What out of pocket expenses can an administrator claim on an estate of a deceased person who died intestate?

The estate is primarily a property so I presume any expenses incurred to get it up to saleable standard.

But are things like petrol and telephone charges etc claimable?

Or even time/hours spent recovering all the documents/bank statements to take out letters of administration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

How many beneficaries are involved? Would they be agreeable to you claiming expenses from the estate?

3 Beneficiaries. I'm unsure whether they would be agreeable or not, but is it normal or legal to claim expenses/hours worked from the gross estate before it is divided?

it is not generally normal to claim misc costs & expenses for your time, unless you are in a profession and the will provides for you to be paid you cannot charge for your services as it is effectively a voluntary position,certainly any costs of bringing a property up to standard for it's sale are deemed liabilities of the estate, if costs to you personally are excessive and alot of extra work was needed that left you out of pocket then that could be put to the beneficiaries.

Ah I see, Thankyou for clearing that up.